A New Soulful Cure for Your Painful Obsession with Seeking Attention
For this fabulous episode of Wake Up Wednesday, I want to ask you an important question:
What is better than seeking attention and always being in the spotlight? I’ll reveal the answer in today’s episode, press play and watch it now.
We’re all souls having a human experience, right? So we have egos.
Our egos are a mashup of our personal life experience, culture and the collective consciousness of our society.
There are 4 main needs our egos are looking to achieve and fulfill at all times:
For most of us, one of these needs becomes the vehicle we use to experience the other needs at a higher level – though we don’t always realize it as we discover in today’s episode.
But when we recognize our ego’s needs, we can find ways to fulfill those desires that are healthy, and connect us more deeply to our fellow human beings, and the planet.
So – what makes the “ego needs” I listed so significant?
Because, when you dive down deep into your desires, goals, and habits, you’ll notice that one of them is the driving force in your life – and it’s something that often defines your personality.
For example, certainty-driven sisters will seek out respectable jobs that are more likely to deliver a predictable outcome. They thrive in corporate and office environments.
Variety-driven sisters will find the entrepreneurial life challenging, as their desires for change make it difficult to establish a niche, or take consistent actions like creating content, or posting newsletters weekly.
The coaches and thought leaders, and creatives I’ve met are almost always love/connection-driven at their core.
But if you’re anything like me, then significance becomes your vehicle, or the green light signal, that you have achieved love and connection at your highest potential.
This is why I’m willing to take the stage and share my thoughts if it will entertain, connect and enliven another soul.
I share more about this in today’s episode so be sure to click play above and watch it.
I take pride in being one my friends, family and clients count on for support. I like being in the spotlight, because it increases the amount of people I can be connected to, and the love I can give and feel.
See how that works?
There’s just one problem: seeking significance usually requires constant acknowledgement from the self or (dangerously) the outside world. It doesn’t feel good to always need to be seen and heard to feel loved. It can be tough, and even painful sometimes.
So I went on a mission to find freedom from the ego’s need for significance… and I found the answer which I share in today’s episode.
There is magnifying, powerful beauty all around us and within us.
And, when you’re able to tune into that powerful gorgeousness, acknowledge it, and let it flow through you – you feel connection on a whole new level!
On this little adventure of mine, I made a list of ways I could find magnificence anytime, anywhere, to feed my spiritual self, and release my ego – even just for a little while.
Now, I want to pass them on to you!
Here are a few ways YOU can experience the magnificence of the world all around you today:
- Watching nature
- Feeling the cells of your body and how alive you are
- Dancing outside, just for you
- Spending time near water (we are made up almost entirely of water, and connection with bodies of water can help you find your center, and connect to the earth.)
- Hanging out with people who remind you of your full, expansive, magnetizing potential
- Watching sand blowing in the wind
- Feeling sadness, and recognizing your own emotion range
- Embracing change
- Witnessing the patterns of the great Mother Earth
- Remembering that the Universe is your Mother
- Reveling in the mystery and stories of the goddess, priestess and heroine’s journey
- Watching a caterpillar become a butterfly
- Looking for new ways to expand your consciousness
- Dressing up
- Studying the divine feminine
- Creating awareness of the archetype aspects of the self in you as related to all goddesses
- Choose a new lensing of reality to try on
- Taking time to separate from the ego mind by focusing on growth and contribution
- Finding your true nature and soul essence through meditation and reflection
- Doing things that initiate the essence of femininity
- Creating a personal relationship with the divine feminine
- Choosing to completely embrace the present moment
- Allowing mystical connections in your life, and even asking for them
- Exploring the wisdom beyond concepts
- Celebrating the quest for a mature spiritual consciousness
- Witnessing the pure heart of a child
- Seeing, feeling, and knowing from different points of view in consciousness and new awareness (become a tree, a bird, a fish, a child, a woman, a man, a grandma…)
- Trying on a new and unique perspective in a challenging situation
- Playing with spiritual metamorphosis of my own consciousness
- Trying non-linear thinking
- Seeking a higher truth
- Remembering to know there is unknown
- Noticing the vibrational transmission always occurring around you
- Seeking and honoring truth
- Allowing deep initiation to inspire you
- Choosing clear alignment with your essence over the need to perform or receive acknowledgment
- Seeking guidance for your own unfolding
- Walking a spiritual path
- Discovering truth through stillness, silence, mystery
- Finding the answers from within
- Trusting your essence
- Honoring self discovery
- Initiating a simple curriculum of returning your focus within yourself
- Finding internal truth
- Holographic thinking
- Collective thinking
- Accepting an ever-changing reality
- Looking for symbols and new language
- Studying sacred geometry
- Harmonic resonance
- Energy healing
- Creating temple space
- Sacred Tools
- Creating sisterhood in your life
Some of these may be confusing to you. That’s okay. As you begin this practice and research the divine feminine, you’ll begin to understand this list at a deeper level. If you want support around this check out The Sisterhood Mastermind.
And as always my love I want to hear from you in the comments below!
Which one of the ideas above resonates with you most? Do you have anything to add to the list?
Commit yourself to trying at least one of the ideas this week. Join me, and lay down your ego shield to find freedom in the magnificence all around you.
Oh, and did you get the free gift I sent along in today’s email?
It’s a printable checklist so you have a Magnificence Bucket list of your own to check off as you try these one by one.
I give gifts in the form of downloadables, detailed resources and personal success secrets almost every week to those of you who subscribe and join my email list. If you are not on my email list and you want these fierce resources type in your name and email to subscribe.
See ya next week magnifecent goddess! I see you and love you.
Love this content? Get weekly in-the-know solutions and stay connected with Jey
Join 1,000s of women expanding their light around the world.